Running Route (blue):
The 3 mile run is a primarily flat loop course utilizing both roads and paved pathways. The course will be clearly marked with signs and monitored closely by volunteers.
Walking Route (green):
The 1.2 mile walking route a flat course across paved surfaces and walking paths. Strollers or wheelchairs are welcome but please, no dogs.
- From the starting gate, turn left to McKernan Drive
- Turn right to Fort Road
- Turn left to Osprey
- Osprey will turn into Adams
- Turn left to Adams
- At the top of Adams cross the street and run on left side of Benjamin Pickett
- Cross Broadway and turn left on Broadway
- Turn right on Preble
- Turn right on Greenbelt
- Cross to left side of Madison
- Follow Madison to the end of the parking lot
- Turn Right to Bug Light Park trail
- Follow Bug Light Park trail all the way around to the exit
- Follow on the left side of road up Madison
- Cross Broadway to Benjamin Pickett
- Take a left to Adams
- Follow Adams to Lighthouse Circle
- Take a left to Bunker Lane
- Follow around the Electronics Building
- Follow pathway until you reach SMCC Cafeteria
- Take right to lot EE
- Take another right to Shoreway Lane
Water and HEED (electrolyte replacement drink) will be available at a station near Transition on Bunker Road and near Mile 1 and Mile 2 on the run course.
There is only one traffic intersection crossing Broadway & Benjamin Pickett. Although this intersection will be monitored by Police, please use caution when crossing.
Attached to the finish structure this year will be a corral for athletes to catch their breath, return timing chips, receive their medals, a water bottle and to receive immediate medical attention (if necessary) before reconnecting with friends, family and spectators. Spectators will have great views of the finish!
Race Number Display
The race number must be displayed on the front at all times during the run portion of the race. This is primarily for safety, but also makes it easier for the Announcer and photographers to recognize athletes crossing the Finish Line.
Athletes planning to wear layers should keep in mind that the race number needs to be visible at all times. Do not pin the number to a layer that may be removed. If the race number is left along the course or in Transition, the athlete will need to go back and get it BEFORE finishing the race.